Sewing: Mini Series (HL-508A) Sewing Machine Unboxing and Review





Check out my review and unboxing of the Mini Series HL-508A Sewing Machine from MP-Keimav! See what's inside the box, stitch patterns and cool built-in functions that it offers.





Ordered from Lazada on Friday (October 30, 2015). Used a 10% discount coupon which I received from Lazada's promotion emails. So I purchased it for only 2204php instead of 2400php. Delivery date was set to Thursday but I already got it Tuesday. Good job, Lazada for the fast delivery! ^^ And as of checking (November 16, 2015), the price of this sewing machine is now 2,999php. Whew! Good thing I bought this perfect thing before. This one is sold by MP-KEIMAV store in Lazada. There are other colors of this model but I like this blue one as it looks like for pros or something like that :D


Included in the box

  • Needle threader - tool that helps you get the thread into the needle easily
  • Foot pedal - foot control
  • Buttonhole foot - sewing the buttonholes
  • Extra needle
  • 6V Power adapter - of course to get the thing some going :)
  • 3 spools and bobbins with thread (yellow (in the picture, I already replaced yellow with blue), light blue-green, orange)
  • Sample stitches on a small cloth
  • Manual - has grammatical errors but decipherable hihi (what do you expect when it's made in China)



12-stitches

By adjusting the picker wheel, you can choose the stitch pattern that you want to use. Also beside it is a graphic of the built-in stitches which are available. I find it difficult to align the arrow with the number. So better just make another mark that would be nearer to the picker wheel.
  • Straight stitch (3 different spacings: stitch no. 1-3)
  • Complex zig zag stitch (3 different kinds: stitch no. 4-6)
  • Button stitch (left, right, and top & bottom of buttonhole: stitch no. 7-9)
  • Simple zig zag stitch (3 different patterns: stitch no. 10-12)



Built-in Functions

  • Handle - Carry it everywhere!
  • Thread cutter - No need to always find under tons of fabrics and reach out for the scissors
  • Bobbin-winder - Guide the thread when winding the bobbin so it won't go out of place
  • Hand wheel - for when closing gaps and you need to have control using hands
  • Tension controller - I personally think it's better to set the tension to number 4 as it give the nice thread tightening but not loose.
  • Sewing speed - Can set to Low, Normal or High
  • Reverse stitch - No need to turn the fabric around just to sew one part again
  • Ruler - Measure small pieces of fabric in just a snap
  • Lamp - verrrry useful especially for someone like me who does some sewing by night time



Verdict

This by far is my BEST. INVESTMENT. EVER! It is cheap and it would make me spend less on buying clothes or going to a seamstress and have a personalized cover for my stuff made up. So far, I have already sewn 2 furniture covers and one blouse with this beautiful thing. Just a couple more to go and I think I already got my investment back ^^.

It's so small and easy to carry but it can perfectly sew even on a thick cotton fabric. ^^

Comments

Post a Comment